Monday, April 24, 2006

Online Calendars

Are you into online calendars? I'm not. I think my life is reasonably organized -- and I have an office calendar I manage rigorously.

However,
I would like for automagic organization of key events.
Google, does my need ring a note?

I am eagerly waiting for the product managers of Yahoo Calendar and Google Calendar, to walk over to their counterparts managing Yahoo Finance and Google Finance respectively. Some thoughts:

  1. I have a portfolio of stocks I track on Yahoo Finance. Can my calendar automatically set alarms and events for the earnings calls for these companies?
  2. I would like to import US Earnings Calendars, as they are confirmed, into my Yahoo or Google Calendars. A little bit of AJAX programming, and I should be able to remove the companies I am not interested in. I know that Yahoo Finance offers the option for me to manually select and "Add to Calendar" based on the earnings call. That's one click at a time. Not good.
  3. I would like to set up a stock screen based on certain performance criteria -- and the calendar will provide me BUY / SELL suggestions, based on these criteria?
  4. I would like to import local TV channel schedules, to my online calendar.
  5. I would like to export my calendars my iPOD or to my Blackberry.
If there is a way to do these today, could you please let me know?

No comments: